Tuesday 14 March 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 14, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bertrand Blier and Yves Boisset.
Bulldog Drummond's Secret Police, directed by James P. Hogan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1939 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Bertrand Blier: French screenwriter and film director.
- Yves Boisset: French film director, mostly known for "Un Taxi mauve" with Charlotte Rampling.
- Raymond J Barry: American actor.
- Stavros Xarhakos: Greek composer.
- Neil Sedaka: Musician.
- Raymond Barry: American actor.
- Stavros Xarchakos: Greek composer conductor and politician.
- Pilar Bardem: Spanish actress.
- William Benjamin Lenoir in Miami: Florida, USA; astronaut (STS-5).
- Nazi Germany dissolves Republic of Czechoslovakia
- England draw with South Africa in cricket at Durban on the 10th day.
- Slovakia declares independence under German pressure.
- The Slovak provincial assembly proclaims independence priest Jozef Tiso becomes the president of the independent Slovak government.