Wednesday 14 March 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 14, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexey Pajitnov and Natalya Dmitriyevna.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Forbidden Planet, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Eloise by Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1956 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- Alexey Pajitnov
- Natalya Dmitriyevna: Kuleshova in Russia; cosmonaut.
- Karel Dusbaba: Dutch soccer player.
- Giancarlo Leone: Italian journalist and business executive, the son of Giovanni Leone.
- Colin Ayre: British football player.
- Jonathan Bowen: British computer scientist.
- Toine Manders: Dutch lawyer and politician.
- Sean Mathias: Welsh actor director and screenwriter.
- Tessa Sanderson: Kingston, Jamaica -- British javelin thrower (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Butch Wynegar: American baseball player and coach.
- Johnny Dusbaba: Dutch footballer.
- Satchel Paige signs with the Birmingham Black Barons (Negro League)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?