Saturday 14 June 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Barry and Sam Wanamaker.
True Heart Susie, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1919
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 14 June 1919. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1919!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1919 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Gene Barry: American actor (d. 2009).
- Sam Wanamaker: American actor, he was the primary visionary and fund-raiser for the reconstruction of the Globe Theatre in London built according to the specifications in Shakespeare's day, with the same construction techniques.
- 1st nonstop air crossing of Atlantic (Alcock & Brown) leaves Nfld
- John Alcock and Arthur Whitten Brown depart St. John's, Newfoundland on the first nonstop transatlantic flight.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When the Boys Come Home - Louis Gravieure
- The St. Louis Blues - Al Bernard
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - Sterling Trio
- Smile and the World Smiles with You - Lewis James & Peerless Quartet