Saturday June 14, 1919
US date format: 6/14/1919, UK date format: 14/6/1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 14, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gene Barry and Sam Wanamaker.
Hearts and Flowers, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 14, 1919?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- See more
- John Alcock and Arthur Whitten Brown depart St. John's, Newfoundland on the first nonstop transatlantic flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 14, 1919?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Lewis James & Peerless Quartet - Smile and the World Smiles with You
- Sterling Trio - That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone
- Al Bernard - The St. Louis Blues
- Louis Gravieure - When the Boys Come Home