Saturday 17 April 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmonde Charles-Roux and Bengt N Anderberg.
Allan Quatermain, directed by Horace Lisle Lucoque, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1920 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Edmonde Charles-Roux: French editor, writer and reporter, she served as a nurse as well as a resistance fighter during WWII.
- Bengt N Anderberg: Swedish poet / writer (Kain).
- Joan "Maudie": Warburton painter.
- American Professional Football Association forms (NFL).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Was There Ever a Pal Like You? - Henry Burr
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Alice Blue Gown - Edith Day (Rosario Bourdon Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?