Saturday 17 April 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 17, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmonde Charles-Roux and Bengt N Anderberg.
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1920 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Edmonde Charles-Roux: French editor, writer and reporter, she served as a nurse as well as a resistance fighter during WWII.
- Bengt N Anderberg: Swedish poet / writer (Kain).
- Joan "Maudie": Warburton painter.
- American Professional Football Association forms (NFL).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alice Blue Gown - Edith Day (Rosario Bourdon Orchestra)
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Was There Ever a Pal Like You? - Henry Burr