Wednesday 14 October 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Durrance and Raymond Davis Jr.
Your Girl and Mine: A Woman Suffrage Play, directed by Giles Warren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1914 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Dick Durrance: American skier (d. 2004).
- Raymond Davis Jr: American physicist, Nobel laureate (d. 2006).
- Tommy Fine: American pitcher in Major League Baseball who played in 23 games for the Boston Red Sox (1947) and St. Louis Browns (1950).
- Harry Brecheen: American baseball player and coach (d. 2004).
- Raymond Davis: Jr.
- Alexis Rannit: Estonian poet and critic (d. 1985)
- German troops occupy Bruges.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just for To-Night - Billy Murray & Will Oakland
- Rock of Ages - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?