Saturday 14 October 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Lauren and Hugh Delane Thompson.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1939 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Ralph Lauren: American fashion designer.
- Hugh Delane Thompson: Shreveport, Louisiana -- PGA golfer (1991 MONY Syracuse).
- Rocky Thompson: American golfer and politician.
- BMI (Broadcast Music Incorporated) formed
- German U-47 sinks British battleship HMS Royal Oak, 833 killed
- Sugar rationed in the Netherlands
- The German Kriegsmarine submarine (U-boat) U-47 sinks the British battleship HMS Royal Oak within her harbor at Scapa Flow, Scotland.
- The .