Monday 14 October 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Staf Van Overloop and Jacqueline Porel.
Shoulder Arms, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1918 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Staf Van Overloop: Belgium sport Champion.
- Jacqueline Porel: France Actor.
- Marcel Chaput: Canadian biochemist journalist and politician (d. 1991).
- Thelma Long: Australian tennis player and captain (d. 2015).
- Frances Nealy: American actress (d. 1997).
- Doug Ring: Australian cricketer and sportscaster (d. 2003)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?