Sunday 15 August 1943US date format: 8/15/1943, UK date format: 15/8/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Eni F H Faleomavaega and Barbara Bouchet.
The Fallen Sparrow, directed by Richard Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1943 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Barbara Bouchet: Reichenberg, Czechoslovakia -- Actress...
- Eni F H Faleomavaega: (Rep-D-American Samoa).
- Maria Rojo: Mexican actress and politician.
- Eileen Bell: Northern Irish civil servant and...
- María Rojo: Mexican actress and politician.
- Allies land on Kiska Aleutians