Friday 15 July 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Hamilton Beeson and Robert Bruce Merrifield.
The Conquering Power, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Mysterious Rider by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1921 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Jack Hamilton Beeson: Composer.
- Robert Bruce Merrifield: American chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 2006).
- Henri Colpi: Swiss-French critic, film editor, author and director.
- Jack Beeson: American pianist and composer (d. 2010).
- Jean Heywood: English actress.
- Robert Merrifield: American biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2006)
- In Berkshire Hills, Massachusetts, USA a falling meteor starts a fire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whip-Poor-Will - Look for the Silver Lining (Medley) - Vernon Country Club Band
- You Can't Keep a Good Man Down - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
- Scandanavia - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?