Friday 1 July 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 1, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hélène Riffault and H?l?ne Riffault.
Out of Luck, directed by Bert Klasey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 July 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1921 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Hélène Riffault: French business executive in charge of political surveys, who worked for CEGOS (1940-44), IFOP/ETMAR (1950-79), and Gallup (in London) in the 1980s.
- H?l?ne Riffault: Meudon EXecutives.
- Seretse Khama: Batswana lawyer and politician 1st President of Botswana (d. 1980).
- Michalina Wisłocka: Polish gynecologist and sexologist (d. 2005).
- The Communist Party of China is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Humming
- Mazie - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra