Wednesday 15 June 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Errol Garner and Erroll Garner.
Dainanko kûsunoki ko îhidaiki, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1921!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1921 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Errol Garner: American musician (Born 1921).
- Erroll Garner: American jazz pianist and composer known for his swing playing and ballads.
- Jacques Perry: Neuilly sur Seine Writer.
- Bessie Coleman reaches France as US 1st black pilot
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Aileen Stanley
- I Never Knew - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Make Believe - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Make Believe - Nora Bayes (Charles Prince Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?