Tuesday 19 July 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Moynet and Pierre Harmant.
The Conquering Power, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1921 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Pierre Harmant: French photographic historian known for his research on Niépce.
- André Moynet: French fighter pilot in World War II, who later become a test pilot and an entrepreneur-businessman.
- Andr? Moynet: St-Mand? Military man.
- Harold Camping: American evangelist author radio host (d. 2013).
- Elizabeth Spencer: American author and playwright.
- Rosalyn Yalow: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Learning - Green Brothers Novelty Band
- Cherie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?