Sunday 17 July 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Lachenal and Alick Isaacs.
The Conquering Power, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1921 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Louis Lachenal
- Alick Isaacs: Scottish virologist and researcher who discovered the drug Interferon, which is used in cancer treatment, in January 1980 with J. Lindenman.
- George Barnes: American guitarist producer and songwriter (The Three Suns) (d. 1977).
- Mary Osborne: American guitarist (d. 1992).
- Mildred Davenport [Acquanetta]: Cheyenne, Wyoming -- Actress (Tarzan & Leopard Woman).
- František Zvarík: Slovakian actor (d. 2008).
- Toni Stone: American baseball player (d. 1996).
- Frantisek Zvarik: Slovakian actor.
- Richard Wiltshire: American merchandising economist and CEO of Home Beneficial, a conservative life insurance company.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Learning - Green Brothers Novelty Band
- Cherie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?