Sunday 10 July 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eunice Kennedy Shriver and Jake LaMotta in the Bronx.
The Conquering Power, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1921 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver: American activist (d. 2009).
- Jake LaMotta in the Bronx: New York; middleweight boxing champion (1949-51) (Raging Bull).
- Remo Gaspari: Italian lawyer and politician.
- Eunice Shriver: American social activist and noted family, the daughter of Rose and Joseph Kennedy.
- John Singlaub: American Military, a Major General who drew attention to himself when he spoke out against policies promulgated by then-President Jimmy Carter.
- Geneviéve) Ginette: Montceau les Mines Musician
- Harvey Ball: American illustrator created the Smiley (d. 2001)
- Jeff Donnell: Actor (Hoedown, 9 Girls), dies at 66 of a heart attack
- Jake LaMotta: American boxer and actor
- Belfast's Bloody Sunday: 16 people are killed and 161 houses destroyed during rioting and gun battles in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whip-Poor-Will - Look for the Silver Lining (Medley) - Vernon Country Club Band
- You Can't Keep a Good Man Down - Mamie Smith & Her Jazz Hounds
- Scandanavia - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?