Thursday 15 June 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacksonville (Florida) and Francis Lopez.
The Mystery of the Leaping Fish, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1916 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Francis Lopez: French dental surgeon who moved into a second career, that of an operetta and musical comedy composer.
- Jacksonville (Florida)
- Herbert Simon: American social scientist, professor, author, jewish; 1978 nobel prize/economics, married once, three children.
- Herbert A. Simon: Economist.
- Horacio Salgán: Argentinian pianist composer and conductor.
- Marshall Field IV: Publisher / editor (Chicago Daily News, Sunday Times).
- Olga Erteszek: American undergarment designer and lingerie company owner (Born 1916).
- Boys Scouts of America forms
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America, making them the only American youth organization with a federal charter.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Old Kentucky Home - Alma Gluck
- You Can't Get Along with 'Em or Without 'Em - Anna Chandler
- Some Sort of Somebody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker
- Enrico Caruso - O Sole Mio (My Sunshine)