Thursday 15 June 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marshall Field IV and Francis Lopez.
What Love Can Do, directed by Jay Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1916 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Marshall Field IV: Publisher / editor (Chicago Daily News, Sunday Times).
- Francis Lopez: French dental surgeon who moved into a second career, that of an operetta and musical comedy composer.
- Herbert Simon: American social scientist, professor, author, jewish; 1978 nobel prize/economics, married once, three children.
- Olga Erteszek: American undergarment designer and lingerie company owner (Born 1916).
- Horacio Salgán: Argentinian pianist composer and conductor.
- Boys Scouts of America forms
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America, making them the only American youth organization with a federal charter.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Good Luck, God Bless You (Is All That I Can Say) - Henry Burr
- Yaaka Hoola Hickey Doola - Al Jolson
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?