Thursday 15 June 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacksonville (Florida) and Francis Lopez.
What Love Can Do, directed by Jay Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1916!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 June 1916 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Jacksonville (Florida)
- Francis Lopez: French dental surgeon who moved into a second career, that of an operetta and musical comedy composer.
- Herbert Simon: American social scientist, professor, author, jewish; 1978 nobel prize/economics, married once, three children.
- Marshall Field IV: Publisher / editor (Chicago Daily News, Sunday Times).
- Olga Erteszek: American undergarment designer and lingerie company owner (Born 1916).
- Horacio Salgán: Argentinian pianist composer and conductor.
- Boys Scouts of America forms
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs a bill incorporating the Boy Scouts of America, making them the only American youth organization with a federal charter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yaaka Hoola Hickey Doola - Al Jolson
- Good-Bye, Good Luck, God Bless You (Is All That I Can Say) - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?