Thursday 29 June 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Donaldson and Ruth Warwick.
The Mystery of the Leaping Fish, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1916 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- David Donaldson: Painter.
- Ruth Warwick: St. Joseph, Missouri -- Actress (Citizen Kane, All My Children).
- Ruth Warrick: American actress singer and political activist (d. 2005).
- Boeing aircraft flies for first time.
- The Irish Nationalist and British diplomat Sir Roger Casement is sentenced to death for his part in the Easter Rising.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Bonny Bonny Jean - Harry Lauder
- Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go with Friday on Saturday Night? - Al Jolson
- Good-Bye, Good Luck, God Bless You - Ernest Ball
- Fair Hawaii - Elsie Baker & Reed Miller