Thursday 29 June 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Donaldson and Ruth Warwick.
Flirting with Fate, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1916 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- David Donaldson: Painter.
- Ruth Warwick: St. Joseph, Missouri -- Actress (Citizen Kane, All My Children).
- Ruth Warrick: American actress singer and political activist (d. 2005).
- Boeing aircraft flies for first time.
- The Irish Nationalist and British diplomat Sir Roger Casement is sentenced to death for his part in the Easter Rising.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- So Long, Letty - Prince's Orchestra
- Siam - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?