Saturday 17 June 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Einar Englund and Victor Dalby Lord.
What Love Can Do, directed by Jay Hunt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1916 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Einar Englund: Composer.
- Victor Dalby Lord: Ficticious character on One Life to Live.
- Luigi Scarabello: Italy sport Champion.
- Terry Gilkyson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Easy Riders) (d. 1999).
- 1st national Congress of Sarekat Islam at Bandoeng Java
- US troops under General Pershing march into Mexico
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - O Sole Mio (My Sunshine)
- My Old Kentucky Home - Alma Gluck
- You Can't Get Along with 'Em or Without 'Em - Anna Chandler
- Some Sort of Somebody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?