Saturday 17 June 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Einar Englund and Victor Dalby Lord.
The Mystery of the Leaping Fish, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1916 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Einar Englund: Composer.
- Victor Dalby Lord: Ficticious character on One Life to Live.
- Luigi Scarabello: Italy sport Champion.
- Terry Gilkyson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Easy Riders) (d. 1999).
- 1st national Congress of Sarekat Islam at Bandoeng Java
- US troops under General Pershing march into Mexico
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Old Kentucky Home - Alma Gluck
- You Can't Get Along with 'Em or Without 'Em - Anna Chandler
- Some Sort of Somebody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker
- Enrico Caruso - O Sole Mio (My Sunshine)