Sunday 28 May 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Lévy and Thora Hird.
The Inheritance, directed by Bobby Roth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1911 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Jean-Pierre Lévy: French head of one of the three major French resistance movements in World War II, Franc-Tireur.
- Thora Hird: English actress, who initially she made regular appearances in films, before gaining her highest profile in television comedy, notably the sitcoms Meet the Wife (1963–66), In Loving Memory (1979–86), Hallelujah! (1981-1984), and for nearly two decades in Last of the Summer Wine (1986–2003).
- Fritz Hochwalder: Austrian playwright (d. 1986).
- Lea Goldberg: A prolific Hebrew-language poet, author, playwright, literary translator, and comparative literary researcher.
- Vincent Price: Actor.
- Jean-Pierre Levy: resistance leader, dies at age 85.
- Fritz Hochwälder: Austrian playwright (d. 1986).
- Skeets Herfurt: American jazz musician, a sax and clarinet player, and singer.
- Hubert H. Humphrey: Politician.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Story of the Rose - John Barnes Wells
- To the Strains of That Wedding March (It's a Long, Long Walk) - Billy Murray
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Harry Tally