Sunday 21 May 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Hurkos and Maurice Nadeau.
Privatsekretæren, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1911 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Peter Hurkos: Dutch psychic who gained ESP abilities after a blow to the head on 7/10/1941, which left him unconscious for three days.
- Maurice Nadeau: French centenarian, writer and editor.
- Williamina Fleming: Scottish-American astronomer and academic (d. 1911).
- Mexican President Porfirio Diaz and the revolutionary Francisco Madero sign the Treaty of Ciudad Juarez to put an end to the fighting between the forces of both men, and thus concluding the initial phase of the Mexican Revolution.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gems from Babes in Toyland - Victor Light Opera Co.
- I Love It - American Quartet
- Aida - Duet, Act IV: Aida a Me Togliesti (Aida Thou Hast Taken) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?