Thursday 18 May 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 18, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Gravier and Sigrid Gurie.
The Manicure Lady, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1911 ?
- André Gravier
- Sigrid Gurie: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Algiers, Sofia, Refugee).
- Joe Turner: Kansas City, United States -- Blues singer (Corrine Corrina, Shake Rattle & Roll).
- Lord Hartwell
- Maureen O'Sullivan: Actress.
- Big Turner: American singer (d. 1985).
- Jean Rignac: French astrologer who officiated at the RTL radio station during the years 1970 to 1980.
- Clark Kerr: Economist.
- President / Dictator Jose Porfirio Diaz of Mexico term ends
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Aida - Duet, Act IV: Aida a Me Togliesti (Aida Thou Hast Taken) - Enrico Caruso
- I Love It - American Quartet
- Gems from Babes in Toyland - Victor Light Opera Co.