Wednesday 24 May 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Pécheux (fencer) and Luciano Minguzzi.
The Inheritance, directed by Bobby Roth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1911 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Michel Pécheux (fencer)
- Luciano Minguzzi: Italian artist and sculptor.
- Georgette Monneron: French criminal, a murderer and one of the last women to be sentenced to death and executed in France.
- Michel Pecheux: France sport Champion.
- Barbara West: English survivor of the Sinking of the RMS Titanic (d. 2007).
- Mexican Revolution: Government troops fire at anti-Diaz demonstrators in Mexico City, killing about 200 (officials claim only 40).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Story of the Rose - John Barnes Wells
- To the Strains of That Wedding March (It's a Long, Long Walk) - Billy Murray
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Harry Tally