Wednesday 17 May 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maureen O'Sullivan and Alberic O'Kelly de Galway.
The Manicure Lady, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1911 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Maureen O'Sullivan: Irish-American actress and singer (d. 1998).
- Alberic O'Kelly de Galway
- Knut Anders: Haukfield SOE Operative.
- Elvira Gascon: Spanish painter and engraver.
- Alberic O'Kelly De Galway: Belgian chess champion.
- Lisa Fonssagrives: Swedish-born supermodel (d. 1992).
- Frederick August Otto Schwarz: American entrepreneur (Born 1836).
- 36th Preakness: Eddie Dugan aboard Watervale wins in 1:51.
- Mexican Revolution: Porfirio Diaz is convinced to resign but does not do so yet.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Aida - Duet, Act IV: Aida a Me Togliesti (Aida Thou Hast Taken) - Enrico Caruso
- I Love It - American Quartet
- Gems from Babes in Toyland - Victor Light Opera Co.