Saturday 6 May 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guy des Cars and Frank Nelson.
A Tale of Two Cities, directed by William Humphrey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1911 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Pirates of Penzance - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Arthur Clough
- Think It Over, Mary - Byron G. Harlan