Friday 12 May 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Biro .
Privatsekretæren, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1911 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Arthur Clough
- Think It Over, Mary - Byron G. Harlan
- Gems from The Pirates of Penzance - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?