Saturday 13 May 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maxine Sullivan [Marietta Williams] and Georges Albertini.
The Manicure Lady, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 May 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1911 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Maxine Sullivan [Marietta Williams]: US singer / actress (Going Places).
- Georges Albertini: French socialist and pacifist politician before the Second World War, who joined the extreme right during the war.
- Robert Middleton: American film and television actor (d. 1977).
- Maxine Sullivan: American singer and actress (d. 1987).
- 37th Kentucky Derby: George Archibald aboard Meridian wins in 2:05.
- New York Giants Fred Merkle is first to get six RBIs in an inning (first).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some of These Days - American Quartet
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray & American Quartet
- Oh, That We Two Were Maying - Elizabeth Wheeler