Saturday 13 May 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maxine Sullivan [Marietta Williams] and Georges Albertini.
Privatsekretæren, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1911 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Maxine Sullivan [Marietta Williams]: US singer / actress (Going Places).
- Georges Albertini: French socialist and pacifist politician before the Second World War, who joined the extreme right during the war.
- Robert Middleton: American film and television actor (d. 1977).
- Maxine Sullivan: American singer and actress (d. 1987).
- 37th Kentucky Derby: George Archibald aboard Meridian wins in 2:05.
- New York Giants Fred Merkle is first to get six RBIs in an inning (first).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come, Josephine, in My Flying Machine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray & American Quartet
- Oh, That We Two Were Maying - Elizabeth Wheeler
- Some of These Days - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?