Thursday 16 May 1918US date format: 5/16/1918, UK date format: 16/5/1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Thomas and Kevin Skelton.
The Non-Stop Kid, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1918 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Edward Thomas: Historian / intelligence expert.
- Kevin Skelton: Bishop (Lichfield).
- André Even: Pont-Aven Painters.
- Wilf Mannion: English footballer and manager (d. 2000).
- Eusapia Palladino Napolitan: dies at age 64.
- The Sedition Act of 1918 is passed by the U.S. Congress, making criticism of the government an imprisonable offense.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Emmaline, My Gal - Mike Markel's Orchestra
- I'll Take You Back to Italy - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Some Day They're Coming Home Again - Nora Bayes