Wednesday 16 April 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Gerry Rafferty.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Doorway to Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1947 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: American basketball star and collegiate champion who made his professional start with the Milwaukee Braves in 1969.
- Gerry Rafferty: Scottish musician, a folk and pop singer, guitarist and songwriter.
- Tahani Rached
- 2016 Ecuador earthquake
- Chantal Delsol
- Ian Dunbar: Scientist.
- Lois Chiles: Actress.
- Steven Lewis: American photographer, teacher, and historian.
- Rudolf Hoss: commandant of the Auschwitz concentration camp (Born 1900).
- Lens to provide zoom effects demonstrated (New York City, New York).
- Texas City Disaster: An explosion on board a freighter in port causes the city of Texas City, Texas, to catch fire, killing almost 600.
- Bernard Baruch coins the term ''Cold War'' to describe the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Melancholy Baby - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Free Eats - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Linda - Paul Weston & His Orchestra