Tuesday 16 September 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurence J Peter and Milan Harasta.
The Sentimental Bloke, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1919 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Milan Harasta: Composer.
- Laurence J Peter: Canadian born educator and writer (d. 1990).
- Bill Daley: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Laurence Peter: Canadian-American hierarchiologist and educator (d. 1990).
- Andy Russell: Los Angeles, California -- Singer (Andy & Della Russell Show).
- Dutch Ruether beats Giants 4-3 to clinch Cincinnati 1st NL pennant
- American Legion incorporated by an act of US Congress.
- The American Legion is incorporated.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - John Steel
- Dear Old Pal of Mine - Sascha Jacobsen
- Smilin' Through - Reinald Werrenrath