Wednesday 16 January 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ricardo Darín and Ricardo Darin.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Be My Guest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1957 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Ricardo Darín: Argentinian actor director and screenwriter.
- Ricardo Darin: Argentine actor.
- Jurijs Andrejevs: Latvian footballer and manager.
- Mark Pawsey: English businessman and politician.
- 3 B-52s leave California for 1st non-stop round world flights
- The Cavern Club opens in Liverpool.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower is inaugurated for a second term as President of the United States.
- Israel withdraws from the Sinai Peninsula (captured from Egypt on October 29, 1956).
- The New York City ampquotMad Bomberampquot, George P. Metesky, is arrested in Waterbury, Connecticut, and is charged with planting more than 30 bombs.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?