Monday 16 January 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Dale and Martin Jol.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Helen of Troy, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Scrolls From The Dead Sea by Edmund Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1956 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Jennifer Dale: Canadian actress.
- Martin Jol: Dutch footballer and manager.
- Ivan Safronov: Russian journalist and engineer (d. 2007).
- Greedy Smith: Australian singer-songwriter and keyboardist.
- Egyptian President Nassar pledges to reconquer Palestine.
- President Gamal Abdal Nasser of Egypt vows to reconquer Palestine.
- Egyptian leader Gamal Abdel Nasser vows to reconquer Palestine.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?