Thursday 17 January 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Harvey and Keith Chegwin.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Loving Couple by Virginia Rowans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Be My Guest.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1957 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Steve Harvey: American actor, comedian and radio personality.
- Keith Chegwin: British television personality and host of "Multi-Colored Swap Shop" from 1976-82, followed by "Cheggers Plays Pop.
- Hilda Koronel
- Donna Stone: New Jersey, United States -- Fencer-epee (1996 Olympics).
- Michel Vaarten: Belgian cyclist.
- 9-county commission recommends creation of BART
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?