Thursday 17 January 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donna Stone and Keith Chegwin.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Of The Wine by Mary Renault was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1957 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Donna Stone: New Jersey, United States -- Fencer-epee (1996 Olympics).
- Keith Chegwin: British television personality and host of "Multi-Colored Swap Shop" from 1976-82, followed by "Cheggers Plays Pop.
- Steve Harvey: American actor, comedian and radio personality.
- Nancy Argenta: Canadian soprano and actress.
- Ann Nocenti: American journalist and author.
- Michel Vaarten: Belgian cyclist
- 9-county commission recommends creation of BART
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?