Friday 4 January 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 4, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joël Bats and Patty Loveless.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
Between Heaven and Hell, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while These Thousand Hills by A.B. Guthrie Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's Up to You.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 January 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1957 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Joël Bats: French international football/soccer player, a goalkeeper.
- Patty Loveless: American Country-Western singer and songwriter, whose combination of honky-tonk and rock ’n’ roll made her one of the most popular vocalists during the late 1980s and early 1990s.
- Gurdas Maan: Punjabi singer, actor, lyricist.
- Patty Loveless [Ramey] in Pikeville: Kentucky, USA; singer ("Blue Side of Town").
- Vesna Zmijanac: Serbian singer and actress.
- Laurie Butler: Family Member.
- Fabrizio Bentivoglio: Italian cinema and theatre actor and screenwriter.
- Blondie situation comedy premieres on NBC TV (later on CBS)
- Dodgers buy 44 passenger twin-engine airplane for $775,000
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Harry Belafonte - Mary's Boy Child
- Singing The Blues - Tommy Steele & The Steelmen
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- The Green Door - Frankie Vaughan
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Malcolm Vaughan - My Special Angel
- Paul Anka - I Love You Baby
- Just Walkin' In The Rain - Johnnie Ray
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?