Tuesday March 19, 1907
US date format: 3/19/1907, UK date format: 19/3/1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 19, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Kent Smith and Cor Treslem [Cornelis L Melsert].
The Charmer, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 19, 1907?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- See more
- 18.8 cm precipitation at Lewer's Ranch Nevada (state record).
- Thomas Bailey Aldrich US writer (Stillwater Tragedy): dies at age 70.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 19, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - If the Man in the Moon Were a Coon