Thursday 19 March 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J Jay and Patricia Morison.
The Perils of Pauline, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1914
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1914 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Patricia Morison: Actress (Peyton Place, Dressed to Kill).
- J Jay: Berwanger first Heisman Trophy winner (1935).
- Jiang Qing: Mao Zedong's last wife.
- S?bastien Batlle: Llupia Military man.
- Leonidas Alaoglu: Canadian-American mathematician and theorist (d. 1981).
- Jay Berwanger: American football player and first recipient of the Heisman Trophy (Born 1914).
- Fred Clark: Actor (Zotz, Auntie Mame), dies of liver ailment at 54.
- Giuseppe Mercalli: Italian priest and volcanologist (d. 1914).
- Stanley Cup: Toronto Blueshirts (NHA) sweep Victoria Capitals (PCHA) in three game.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Aboard for Dixie Land - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
- Somewhere a Voice is Calling - Henry Burr