Thursday 19 March 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J Jay and Patricia Morison.
The Perils of Pauline, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 March 1914 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Patricia Morison: Actress (Peyton Place, Dressed to Kill).
- J Jay: Berwanger first Heisman Trophy winner (1935).
- Jiang Qing: Mao Zedong's last wife.
- S?bastien Batlle: Llupia Military man.
- Leonidas Alaoglu: Canadian-American mathematician and theorist (d. 1981).
- Jay Berwanger: American football player and first recipient of the Heisman Trophy (Born 1914).
- Fred Clark: Actor (Zotz, Auntie Mame), dies of liver ailment at 54.
- Giuseppe Mercalli: Italian priest and volcanologist (d. 1914).
- Stanley Cup: Toronto Blueshirts (NHA) sweep Victoria Capitals (PCHA) in three game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Comin' Thro' the Rye - Nellie Melba
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?