Saturday 16 May 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Swami Muktananda and Albert Gazier.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1908 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Swami Muktananda
- Albert Gazier: French politician active in the Resistance during WWII's occupation of France.
- Hilary Preston: editor.
- Mohammed Roem: Indonesian foreign minister (Linggadjati).
- Gurudev Muktananda Baba: Indian mystic and guru in the traditional style who personally had to struggle to overcome a sensual nature on his ascetic path.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1908 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Glow-Worm - Victor Orchestra
- Jimmie and Maggie at The Merry Widow - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- My Gal Irene - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan