Saturday 23 May 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 23, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hélène Boucher and John Bardeen.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 May 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1908 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Hélène Boucher: French pilot (d. 1934).
- John Bardeen: American physicist, a researcher of super-conductivity and solid-state physics.
- Raymond Legrand: French composer and director, mostly known for his film music.
- Annemarie Schwarzenbach: Swiss writer, journalist, photographer and traveler.
- Max Abramovitz US architect (Lincoln Center: United Nations Building).
- Paul Dozois: Canadian politician (d. 1984).
- Helene Boucher: French pioneer pilot of the '30s who set seven world records and was called the "fastest pilot in the world.
- H?l?ne Boucher: Paris 14?me Military man.
- Pierre Minet: Billy-Montigny physician.
- Francois Coppee: French poet and novelist (Born 1842).
- Part of Great White Fleet arrives in Puget Sound, Washington
- Dirigible explodes over San Francisco Bay, 16 passengers fall, none die.