Saturday 23 May 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Max Abramovitz US architect (Lincoln Center and John Bardeen.
Resa Stockholm-Göteborg genom Göta och Trollhätte kanaler, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Barrier by Rex Beach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1908 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Max Abramovitz US architect (Lincoln Center: United Nations Building).
- John Bardeen: American physicist, a researcher of super-conductivity and solid-state physics.
- Helene Boucher: French pioneer pilot of the '30s who set seven world records and was called the "fastest pilot in the world.
- Raymond Legrand: French composer and director, mostly known for his film music.
- Annemarie Schwarzenbach: Swiss writer, journalist, photographer and traveler.
- H?l?ne Boucher: Paris 14?me Military man
- Pierre Minet: Billy-Montigny physician
- Hélène Boucher: French pilot (d. 1934)
- Paul Dozois: Canadian politician (d. 1984)
- Francois Coppee: French poet and novelist (Born 1842).
- Part of Great White Fleet arrives in Puget Sound, Washington
- Dirigible explodes over San Francisco Bay, 16 passengers fall, none die.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?