Sunday 31 May 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Ameche and Ernest Terreau.
Resa Stockholm-Göteborg genom Göta och Trollhätte kanaler, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1908 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Don Ameche: American actor in vaudeville and radio with some 50 films from 1936.
- Ernest Terreau: France sport Champion.
- Serge Rubenstein: Russian entrepreneur, a money juggler called a "financial wizard.
- Mellie Uyldert: Dutch astrologer, one of Holland's Grand Ladies in astrology, instrumental in the revival of the interest in natural healing, herbs, precious stones and metals.
- Marcel Lennuyeux: Toulouse Military man.
- Sigfred Johansen: Danish actor (d. 1953)
- Nils Poppe: Swedish actor director and screenwriter (d. 2000)
- Louis-Honore Frechette: French Canadian poet (Born 1839).
- Miss Pottelsberghe de la Pottery is first airplane passenger (Belgium).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Maxim's - Harry Macdonough
- The Vilia Song - Elise Stevenson
- From Your Dear Heart to Mine - Frank Stanley
- Women - Peerless Quartet
- The Rosary - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?