Sunday May 31, 1908
US date format: 5/31/1908, UK date format: 31/5/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 31, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Don Ameche and Nils Poppe.
Gratitude, directed by Louie Schwartzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 31, 1908?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- See more
- Miss Pottelsberghe de la Pottery is first airplane passenger (Belgium).
- Louis-Honore Frechette: French Canadian poet (Born 1839).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 31, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Peerless Quartet - Women
- Frank Stanley - From Your Dear Heart to Mine
- Ernestine Schumann-Heink - The Rosary
- Harry Macdonough - Maxim's
- Elise Stevenson - The Vilia Song