Sunday 31 May 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 31, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Ameche and Serge Rubenstein.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1908 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Don Ameche: American actor in vaudeville and radio with some 50 films from 1936.
- Serge Rubenstein: Russian entrepreneur, a money juggler called a "financial wizard.
- Mellie Uyldert: Dutch astrologer, one of Holland's Grand Ladies in astrology, instrumental in the revival of the interest in natural healing, herbs, precious stones and metals.
- Ernest Terreau: France sport Champion.
- Sigfred Johansen: Danish actor (d. 1953).
- Nils Poppe: Swedish actor director and screenwriter (d. 2000).
- Marcel Lennuyeux: Toulouse Military man.
- Louis-Honore Frechette: French Canadian poet (Born 1839).
- Miss Pottelsberghe de la Pottery is first airplane passenger (Belgium).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Vilia Song - Elise Stevenson
- Maxim's - Harry Macdonough
- The Rosary - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- From Your Dear Heart to Mine - Frank Stanley
- Women - Peerless Quartet