Friday May 15, 1908
US date format: 5/15/1908, UK date format: 15/5/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lars-Eric Vilner Larsson and Jacques Oudin.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 15, 1908?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 15, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - My Gal Irene
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Jimmie and Maggie at The Merry Widow
- Victor Orchestra - The Glow-Worm