Thursday May 14, 1908
US date format: 5/14/1908, UK date format: 14/5/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 14, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Betty Jeffrey .
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 14, 1908?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- See more
- Betty Jeffrey: Australian nurse and author (d. 2000).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 14, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - My Gal Irene
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Jimmie and Maggie at The Merry Widow
- Victor Orchestra - The Glow-Worm