Tuesday 16 September 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Imbert and Alexandre Routskoi.
The Unsuspected, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching WJLA ABC 7 News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1947 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Françoise Imbert
- Alexandre Routskoi
- Ilona Gusenbauer: Austria -- High jumper (1972 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Michael R McNulty: (Rep-D-New York).
- Russ Abbott: British TV comedian (September Song).
- Aleksandr V Rutskoi: Ukrainian Hero of the USSR / VP (1991- ).
- Alexander Rutskoy: Russian politician and former fighter pilot, he took part in Russia's Afghanistan war.
- Dusty Hughes: English director and playwright.
- Enrique Krauze: Mexican historian critic and publisher.
- Lucius Allen: NBA star (Milwaukee Bucks).
- Andy Irvine: Rugby player.
- John Cobb sets world auto speed record at 394.2 MPH.
- Typhoon Kathleen hits Saitama, Tokyo and Tone River area, at least 1,930 killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Near You - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- Johnny Mercer - Sugar Blues
- How Soon (Will I Be Seeing You) - Jack Owens
- Betty Hutton - I Wish I Didn't Love You So