Tuesday 17 June 1947US date format: 6/17/1947, UK date format: 17/6/1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 17, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Reykjavík (Iceland) and John Norman Collins.
The Perils of Pauline, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1947 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- John Norman Collins
- Reykjavík (Iceland)
- Gregg Rolie: American singer-songwriter and keyboard...
- Michel Pastoureau: French professor of medieval history and...
- George Clinton: American composer and songwriter.
- George S Clinton: American composer and musician.
- Paul Young: English singer and percussionist (Sad...
- Linda Chavez: American author, commentator, and radio...
- John Collins: American homicide; called the "Michigan...
- Christopher Allport: American actor (Born 1947).
- Earnest Reuter becomes Mayor of Berlin
- Pan Am Airways chartered as 1st worldwide passenger airline
- First round-the-world civil air service leaves New York City.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Clark Dennis
- Three Suns - Peg O' My Heart