Wednesday 17 July 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Éric Leman and Gerald Gallego.
The Strange Love of Martha Ivers, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The River Road by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 July 1946 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Éric Leman
- Gerald Gallego: American homicide; a serial killer with his wife Charlene, convicted of ten kidnap-rape-sex-murders between 9/12/1978 and 11/01/1980.
- Leon Jerome Oziel
- Jean-Paul Anciaux
- Jean-Marie Binetruy
- Claudia Islas
- Elisabeth Garouste: French interior architect,amongst her many projects together with Mattia Bonetti she designed boutiques for Christian Lacroix, the scene decoration for the movie 'Tacones Lejanos' (high heels) from Pedro Almodovar and furniture for princesses.
- Leon Oziel: American psychotherapist who practiced Milton Ericksonian Hypnosis.
- Peter Cormack
- Eric Leman
- Alun Armstrong: English actor and singer.
- Dragoljub "Draza" Mihailovic: Yugoslav General (Nazi), executed at 53.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dinah - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?