Wednesday 17 July 1946
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 17, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gerald Gallego and Éric Leman.
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Musical Contrasts.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1946 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Éric Leman
- Gerald Gallego: American homicide; a serial killer with his wife Charlene, convicted of ten kidnap-rape-sex-murders between 9/12/1978 and 11/01/1980.
- Leon Jerome Oziel
- Jean-Paul Anciaux
- Jean-Marie Binetruy
- Claudia Islas
- Alun Armstrong: English actor and singer.
- Eric Leman
- Peter Cormack
- Leon Oziel: American psychotherapist who practiced Milton Ericksonian Hypnosis.
- Elisabeth Garouste: French interior architect,amongst her many projects together with Mattia Bonetti she designed boutiques for Christian Lacroix, the scene decoration for the movie 'Tacones Lejanos' (high heels) from Pedro Almodovar and furniture for princesses.
- Barbara Lee: Politician.
- Dragoljub "Draza" Mihailovic: Yugoslav General (Nazi), executed at 53.