Sunday 17 November 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Michel Baylet and Martin Barre.
Magnificent Doll, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1946 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean-Michel Baylet
- Martin Barre: English guitarist and songwriter (Jethro Tull).
- Petra Burka: Dutch-Canadian figure skater and coach.
- Werner Kniesek: Austrian homicide; the killer of four people.
- Terence McKenna: Writer.
- Terry Branstad: American soldier lawyer and politician 39th Governor of Iowa.
- Jean Baylet: Spanish politician, formerly a newspaper editor, who worked as the Secretary of State from 1984-1986.
- Alain De Chivré: French astrologer, director from 1984 of the Institute of Astrological Studies in Nantes.
- Eight British servicemen are killed in Jerusalem by Jewish nationalists.
- Afghanistan, Iceland and Sweden join the United Nations.
- Romanian general election, 1946: The Romanian Communist Party wins 79.86% of the vote through widespread intimidation tactics and electoral fraud.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Helen Carroll
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra