Thursday 17 October 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Michael and Stephen Kovacevich.
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Marion Michael
- Stephen Kovacevich: American pianist and conductor.
- Jim Smith: English footballer and manager.
- Peter Stringfellow: British nightclub owner.
- German occupiers issue identity cards