Tuesday 18 August 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar Faure and Henry Ingrand.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1908 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Edgar Faure: French lawyer and politician, the assistant delegate at the Nurnberg trials in 1945.
- Henry Ingrand
- Heinrich Hellwege: German politician, minister, minister-president of niedersachsen district 19611979, married once, three children.
- Louis-Philippe Orttner: Strasbourg EXecutives.
- Armijn Pane: Indonesian writer (Belenggu).
- Bill Merritt: New Zealand cricketer and sportscaster (d. 1977).
- Olav Hauge: Norwegian poet and gardener (d. 1994).
- Milan Ristic: Composer.