Wednesday 18 October 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Camillo Togni and Richard Stankiewicz US sculptor (1974 Akston Award.
Lorna Doone, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1922 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Camillo Togni: Composer.
- Richard Stankiewicz US sculptor (1974 Akston Award: 1966 Brandeis).
- British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) established.
- The British Broadcasting Company (later Corporation) is founded by a consortium, to establish a nationwide network of radio transmitters to provide a national broadcasting service.
- The British Broadcasting Company is formed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Marion Harris
- My Rambler Rose - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra