Friday 18 October 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Higelin and Christian Dutoit.
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1940 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Jacques Higelin: French pop singer and musician.
- Christian Dutoit: French journalist and founder and director of several television channels.
- Cynthia Weil: American songwriter.
- Suze Groeneweg: 1st woman in Dutch 2nd Chamber (1918-37), dies at 65.
- Kaufman and Harts George Washington Slept Here, premieres in New York City
- October 19 ampndash WWII: Thirty-two ships are sunk from Convoy SC 7 and Convoy HX 79 by the most effective quotwolfpackquot of the war including U-boat aces Kretschmer, Prien and Schepke