Friday 27 October 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 27, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Galabru and Ruby Dee.
Oliver Twist, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 October 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1922!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1922 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Michel Galabru: French stage and film actor, who appeared in over 200 movies and worked with such renowned directors as Bertrand Blier, Costa-Gavras, Luc Besson (for Subway), and Jean-Luc Godard.
- Ruby Dee: American actress on Broadway, in films and on TV.
- Del Rice: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher who played with the St. Louis Cardinals (1945-1955, 1960), Milwaukee Braves (1955-1959), Chicago Cubs (1960), Baltimore Orioles (1960), and the Los Angeles Angels (1961).
- George Young: Soccer star.
- Poul Bundgaard: Danish actor and singer (d. 1998).
- Ralph Kiner: home run hitter (Pittsburgh Pirates)/sportscaster (New York Mets).
- 1st commemoration of Navy Day
- Dutch 2nd Chamber votes for child labor laws
- A referendum in Rhodesia rejects the country's annexation to the South African Union.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Indiana Home - Marion Harris
- Gallagher & Shean - Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra