Tuesday 18 September 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Hedges and Peter Stastny.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Teenage Wolfpack, directed by Georg Tressler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching David Copperfield.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1956 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Chris Hedges: American journalist, activist, author, and Presbyterian minister.
- Debbi Fields: Businesswoman.
- Peter Stastny: Slovak ice hockey player.
- Tim McInnerny: English actor.
- Peter Šťastný: Slovak ice hockey player and politician.
- Adelard Godbout: premier of Quebec (Born 1892).
- Mickey Mantle is 8th to hit 50 HRs in a seaon
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?