Saturday 19 April 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 19, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Murray Perahia and Mark Volman.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Doorway to Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1947 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Murray Perahia: American pianist and conductor.
- Mark Volman: American musician, singer and songwriter, one of the two leaders of the "Turtles," a big group in the '60s that had about eight big hits.
- Antoine Gallimard: French publisher, the director of the Gallimard publishing house.
- Wilf Stevenson: director (British Film Institute).
- Murray Perahia in New York City: New York, USA; pianist (Avery Fischer Prize-1975, Grammy 1988).
- Francis De Nadai
- Kathy Acker: Activist.
- Wilfrid Stevenson: Baron Stevenson of Balmacara English civil servant.
- Yan Tortelier: French violinist and conductor.
- Harry Lewis: Teacher.
- James Woods: Actor.
- Frits Castricum: journalist/Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Suh Yun Buck wins world record marathon (2:25:39)
- French ship explodes in Texas City harbor, kills about 522.
- 51st Boston Marathon won by Yun Bok Soh of Korea in 2:25:39.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Melancholy Baby - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Free Eats - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Linda - Paul Weston & His Orchestra